He is With Me

Friday, April 4, 2014

In my life, much like yours, I wear many hats. I am a daughter of the One True King! I am wife to Jamie, mom to my kids, daughter, sister and friend. I'm a yoga instructor. I'm a Life Group leader at church. The list could go on, but you get the idea. You've got your own list.

In this life I get to switch between hats quickly and sometimes wear several at the same time. It's a balancing act at best. It can be overwhelming and down right frightful ... until I am reminded that I am not doing this alone. Oh, I can do it alone if I want to. I have and have failed miserably! I fall flat on my face every time. I can become proud and self-righteous. I surely don't need help there.


Friends, God gives us all that we need in His word. I have to learn this over and over and over. In all the hats I wear, why do I feel like one hat requires less instruction than another? In my role as wife, I can turn to scripture and find the perfect instruction. In my role as mother, it's my responsibility to win my child's heart for Christ. Everything else will fall into place if their tender hearts long for His glory early in life. And on and on in each situation with each hat he's given me to wear, there is already perfect instruction if I'll only look for it, ask for it and seek it out! God's word is alive and active, the bible tells us that in Hebrews 4:12. He speaks to me through His word if I let Him.

Here is were things get sticky for me. I can learn and I can study and I can meditate day and night. But then I have to get up and actually do the thing. That for me is where the fear comes in. What if I get it wrong? What if no one cares? What if ... what if ... what if ...



Friends, here is the beauty of it all. I am not alone. He is with me wherever I go. He is there to strengthen me and give me courage. If I'm faithful to meditate on His word. If I'm faithful to follow where He leads, there is no need for fear. I can not teach what I do not know, so the first step is to root myself in His word so that in times of trouble I can know what I need to know because it's already in my heart. When I'm speaking to my husband, when my kids are testing my last resolve, when my sister needs prayer, when my friend needs encouragement ... He is with me.

He wants to be there for you too. Will you let Him?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground