Praise Him with Every Breath

Monday, April 28, 2014

 
“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria von Trapp   


My Friend Kristal Mindingall leading us in worship.

Last night the sanctuary was full of women worshiping the One True God. It was a really powerful time of praise and prayer. And I can not tell you how precious it was to me that we opened the service with a time of prayer and breathing. We took time to relax the mind, the heart and the breath. Hearts were moved and souls were stirred. Hands were lifted, knees were bowed and tears were shed. The music created an opportunity for women of all ages and backgrounds to gather in one room for one purpose and worship the one God. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be a part of it.
 I needed it.

Afterward, we didn't want to leave. Many women hung around and talked hugged and laughed and met new friends. I sat in the parking lot for a while talking life with my sweet friend. This night was something we all needed. On the way home, I put on a new playlist and sung to the Lord at the top of lungs. My soul was refreshed.

"Breathe, breathe on me now
Open your mouth
And speak the word that heals this broken ground

Say, say what You will
Show us Your will
As we breathe in the very breath of God

Oh, Spirit of God
Here with us now, give in us life again
Breathe, breathe on us now
Fill us with Your love
Send us with Your power
Spirit of God"
 
Breathe, by The Brilliance

This song has meant a lot to me lately. It's been on several yoga playlist and it will most likely make the next one too. I love the imagery. It's a beautiful picture of the way the Holy Spirit works in our lives renewing and strengthening us for the work the Father has called us to.

If you read, Breathe In Grace, Breathe Out Praise, you'll know the importance of breathe in yoga and how much it means to me. If you couple that with the song above, you'll know why just one simple word can bring me straight into the presence of God, of grace and of praise.


Last week I made it a little more permanent in my life. So when I need a reminder that God is only a breath away, when I need to know that every breath is a gift of God, when I'm in the middle of a stressful situation, all I need to do is look down, take a breath and breathe in His Holy presence.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground