Dry Bones & Broken Laptops

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I've been quiet.

Do you ever have times in your life when you feel God asking you to take a step back? I do. Do you listen or do you tell God you've got too much going on to stop. Depending, I've done both. Do you ever say no to God and then he does something that makes you take a step back? For me, every single time.

Friends, we can listen to God and obey or we can do it the hard way. This time, for me, the hard way included having my laptop crash. It's been gone for almost two weeks. So I hope that you'll understand and forgive me for taking some time away from this space. You can find me on Instagram and Facebook (links on the right hand side of this page) Follow me there and see what all God is teaching me.

Before I go, I'll leave you with this beautiful song. It says what I really want to say. So instead of trying to work it out here ... I'll just let her sing it for you.




God is working Friends, Oh He is always working. He is faithful to fulfill what He's called you to. For me this week, I have been so thankful for the time spent on my mat wrestling with Him there. He has shown me this week where I'm unwilling to let go of some things. He's shown me some places where I've closed off my heart. He's teaching me how to grown and stretch with Him. How to flow and follow His lead. He's showing me that He's already covered me with His mighty outstretched hand.

It's times like this when I hear Him whisper, "Annie, take up your mat and follow me."

Do you feel Him too? Is He calling you? Where is the Lord asking you to follow Him?

2 comments :

  1. Wow! What an awesome song. I had not heard it before. Thank you for posting this blog and song, Annie. I really needed to hear this and sing it over me. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love her voice. I found Lauren at Christmas and could not stop listening to that song. She's not really "out" yet. But she's supposed to have her first album out this fall. I'm really looking forward to it. So keep an eye out for her.

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground