She Found Grace

Friday, November 22, 2013


I want to introduce you to a friend of mine. She is a Mom. She’s a wife. She loves Jesus. I met her a little over a year ago and I can say that knowing her has brought joy to my life. I like that she’s honest and I like that she’s real. I like that she tells me the truth. I can honestly say that I have grown to love this woman.
When I prayed about who I would ask to share their story here, she is one of the first women who came to mind. So, in her words, meet:
 


“A Watering Can of Grace and Encouraging Cup of Goodness”

When I was a little girl I was always taught right from wrong, and as I grew up life would come at me in ways that would knock me so far down that anyway up looked good. I am a walking witness that we are saved by God’s grace.
At 5 I saw my mother weep when my father left...my first memory of hurt.
At 10 I had my first taste of death...the loss of my mother...
It was my around my grandfathers 75th birthday that I moved in with him, doing the best he knew how, was what I took advantage of. I was just on my way to “out of control”… Feelings of anger, confusion, feelings of abandonment, scared, always feeling ashamed; these feelings would constantly consume me...
I felt desperate to figure things out, to figure life out…But it always ended in selfish destructing actions. I would do anything to numb the pain that I felt deep within my soul.
It was like a nightmare and I was the star! God if you are real wake me up from this slumber!!!
A friend invited me to her church for the 1000th time and I went so she would leave me alone. I felt Christ’s love, compassion, healing words coming out the pastor’s mouth; I also felt my heart beating/hands sweating… I met Jesus for the first time when I was 16 but He did not become real to me until later. I was running scared! Deep down I knew He was the answer to all my questions but I was not willing to give up the pain/hurt I was use to.
2 months after my 18th birthday I found out I was pregnant...how did that happen?? What was I going to do?
I, now look back and see through my sin, Gods Grace, that child, my son saved my life! He woke me up from a life I was so ashamed of and gave me the desire to live. My life had to change quickly...but how? 
Over the course of several years God strategically put people in front of me planting seeds, pouring a watering can of grace and encouraging cup of goodness...I look back and see Gods hand in my life, a blanket of protection; I was so undeserving of His provisions. 
God saved me from myself and I am grateful for this. I was saturated with a sin filled life. I recognized my need for a Savior and He rescued me! I am now by no means perfect and have my struggles in life but I know that this life in this world is temporary. His grace, mercy and unfailing love is what I live for now. I lay my family’s life at the foot of the Cross daily. I will one day be with my Father in heaven but until then "As for me and my house we will serve The Lord"
The Lord is so good! 
I am married to my husband Tom, we have 3 boys! Corbin is now 16, Emery is 10 and Spencer is almost 7. 
 
It is by Grace I have been saved and to Him be the glory forever and ever Amen  
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28



No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground