Give It To God

Monday, May 19, 2014

Sorry I was MIA last week. Instead of spreading this out over several posts, let me just catch you up all at once.
 

Mothers Day was a sweet day for me filled with Church, Family, a nap!! and some good Mexican Food for Dinner. I got to celebrate with my wonderful husband and my amazing kids.
 
On Monday morning I stood at my front door and waved goodbye to my husband. And I handed my week over to the Lord. Keep him safe and bring him back to us. Help me to manage my home well without him. And keep my kids from going nuts! God provided like he always does.
 
Here is what you need to know about me. I (most days) have the house clean and dinner prep ready when Jamie comes home from work. Between real life and making time for him, I don't have a lot of time for projects. I don't like to start something that I cant finish and have cleaned up before he gets home. So when he leaves, I go a little nuts!
 
We moved into this house a year ago and we still have some bare walls. There is nothing wrong with that, but I'd like to make it a little more homey. I want it to fee like we live here and are not just passing through. So with a very careful budget, I got to work. I made four pieces of artwork and hung them all. Here is a peek at one:
 
 
This one was easy. I had a pallet sitting in my garage that Jamie had taken apart for me. Funny, its been sitting out there for a while and the kids have used some of the boards for chalk painting. At first I was upset and now I love the way it looks! I had paint upstairs. I ran to Lowes and bout a few brackets and some handers. Done! So, it's not as crooked on the wall as it looks. This is hanging in my stairwell. You can see it when you walk in the front door.  I've been wanting something there for a while now. It makes me so happy!
 
When Jamie leaves I try to add as many yoga classes as I can. It keeps us busy and out of the house. So I taught a couple more classes than usual and it was so much fun for me and the kids. One night, we got home and they wanted to do some yoga with me. How could I resist?! So here is a picture of Eva working on her handstand. PS Yes that is a black tutu under a dress. She has a unique style and a bold personality. If you look closely, you can see she's also wearing an eye patch. So, this is a one eyed handstand. PPS notice the empty wall ...
 
 
We watched The Pirate Fairy. So for the rest of the week, we wore and eye patch. See:
 
 
After I worked on some art, I needed one room in the house to feel like home. I needed our bedroom to be a place of rest and refuge. So the easiest and cheapest way to do that is with a little paint. So, I went to Lowes.
 
 
This makes me a lot happier! And I knew Jamie would like it because it's West Virginia Mountaineers colors. Yeah, I'm a good wife.
 
But even after all that, the two best things that happened this week:
 
 
The first, I got to spend a lot of time with my kids. We snuggled, we cuddled and snacked and we talked. I love getting to hear their hearts. I love getting to see them grow and change. If you know my kids, they ask a lot of questions. And they asked a lot of big questions this week. That's why it's important for this Mama to stay in God's word. Because without it, I could never answer the questions these kids through at me.
 
 
This. I started a study on the book of Nehemiah. I can't really say anything right now except that it's bigger than this post. Keep an eye out. Because God is doing some pretty big things through Nehemiah. He's working and moving and changing. He's growing and stretching me. And I can't wait to tell you all about it!
 
Sunday, Jamie made it back safely and we had a joyous reunion! It's fun when he's gone, but I sure do love it when he comes home. And he loved the new bedroom! 
 
So what did you do last week?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground