Friday: I Shall Fear No Evil

Friday, October 31, 2014

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday


And the words of the Lord are flawless,
    like silver purified in a crucible,
    like gold refined seven times.

You, Lord, will keep the needy safe
    and will protect us forever from the wicked,
 
who freely strut about
    when what is vile is honored by the human race.
Psalm 12:6-8

I was driving down the road this morning praying. I was thinking about Halloween and I was thinking about my kids and my husband and my life and memories and the memories we're making for them. I thought about what the world looked like when I was there age and what it looks like now. And I was thinking about, if the Lord waits, what it might look like when they have kids this age. And I started to get scared. What will my children have to fight to stand up for their faith. What will they have to live through? And I prayed. Before I was finished I passed a sign on a local business and all it said was Psalm 12:7-8 I immediately looked it up and began to cry. 

I don't know if you follow me on Instagram but yesterday I posted something. I've been asking the Lord to speak to me. Give me a specific word. I wanted to hear from Him so badly. And today ... He spoke. 

The Lord will protect. The perfect word of our perfect Lord. He spoke to be about refining. And Oh do He and I know about refining! We've been working through a lot of it! He reassured me that he protects his children. This wicked world, this vile human race, it can not thwart what the Lord has planned. His timing is always and forever perfect. 

As I am preparing to leave my family in less than 48 hours, would you pray with me? Please pray for protection. We've prayed for travel, we've prayed for lonely hearts, we've prayed for wellness ... so please pray for protection. Protection from the evil one. He's always lurking. He's always trying to steal kill and destroy. He has power in this world, but he cant hurt my soul. Please pray for protection from thoughts. Pray for protection from oh so many things that I could name that could go wrong. Pray that God would protect and would be glorified through it all. 

I love ya'll. I am so honored to be used by our Lord. I'm so honored to pray with you and have you pray with me. We serve a good and faithful God. He is so ready to use us if we are willing to be used. 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground