Saturday: Rest

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday


Well Friends, it's the night before I leave for retreat. And thing are right on schedule. WVU played a great game and lost by 1 in the last 4 seconds. The husband is sad. The kids have been running around all day on a sugar high from Halloween candy. (we found them behind the couch several times today sneaking more) So of course now they are crashing with lots of wining and crying and oh my belly. Brewer is convinced that he's going to throw up at any moment. Please pray he doesn't. I really don't want to have to deal with that tonight. My dog keeps looking at my bag and then at me. He's following me around everywhere and I've literally tripped over him twice. If I break my leg tripping over the dog the night before retreat ... well ... I guess it was Gods plan all along. 

Those are just a few of the things going on in my house right now. I can only imagine all that the evil one is plotting at your homes and the homes of all those men and women who will join me tomorrow. So, we all need some prayer. 

My flight leaves at 7am tomorrow morning. Pray for me. Pray for rest. I need some rest. I need to feel my Jesus with his arms wrapped tightly around me. I need to rest in the knowledge that He's holding my family while I'm gone. I need to step away from my life and reconnect to His mercy and His grace. And I can't wait to do just that. I know it's coming, or the evil one wouldn't be fighting so hard to steal it from me and from you. 

My bags are packed and there is nothing left for me to do. So pray for ... rest. Pray for the rest of the things that I can't think to pray for. Pray for the whatever the Lord lays on your heart to pray for. 

Thank you for being part of this with me. Thank you for your prayers and for your support. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground