How We Roll: Essential Oil Blends for School

Monday, August 10, 2015

School is back in session!! 
And all the moms said, Amen.

For real though, I'm glad to see them off in the morning (like really glad) and I'm thankful to see them come home in the afternoon. And between all the things I do during the day, I worry about them. Just like every other mom out there, I want to make sure my kids are safe and taken care of and are learning and having fun and making friends. If they're not feeling well, they are not doing any of those things.

So, here are two homemade essential oil blends that they can easily apply and help me feel a little less anxious while they're away.


Roller Bottle for Headaches: 

What you'll need:
  • 5ml roller bottle
  • Essential Oils (need some? click here)
  • Fractionated Coconut Oil
What you mix:

  • Peppermint: 10 drops
  • Lavender: 10 drops
  • Frankincense: 5 drops
  • Fill the rest with Fractionated Coconut Oil
Why I used what I used: 
  • Peppermint & Lavender when used together helps to alleviate headaches
  • Frankincense is a great anti-inflammatory and helps to focus and reduce stress. 
What they do?
This blend is rolled onto the back of the neck. 

Roller Bottle for Focus and Calming:  

What you'll need: 

  • 5ml roller bottle
  • Essential Oils (need some? click here)
  • Fractionated Coconut Oil
What you mix: 
  • Peppermint: 10 drops
  • Wild Orange: 10 drops
  • Vetiver: 10 drops
  • Fill the rest with Factionated Coconut Oil
Why I used what I used: 
  • Peppermint and Wild Orange when used together help to rejuvinate and focus. 
  • Vetiver is grounding, calming and stabilizing. It helps to calm those wild emotions. 
 What they do?
This blend is rolled onto the back of the neck or the bottom of the feet. This is typically used in the afternoon when they are getting tired and having a hard time focusing. 

I tend to use the 5ml roller bottles because they are small and easy to carry around. The teachers don't mind them hanging out in their desks and they typically use them without being prompted. As a mom, I love that they can use them without disrupting the classroom. I love that they don't have to go to the nurse. I love that they have control over two very simple distractions that can hinder any kind of progress. And I love that it gives me a little less to worry about while they're away. 

Do you want to make these for your family and need a little help finding quality oils? Message me and let's talk!

Have you made something that worked well for your kiddos? Share it with me! I'd love to hear about it!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground